Chemists Without Borders


Saturday, November 24, 2007

Arrived in Africa

Hello everyone,
this will be my first trip to Africa with the capacity to blog - to be in communication with you!
Please read it and respond. I look forward to hearing from everyone.
I made it into Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon "African Style" I slept the first night at the airports police departments metal bench. And I am glad I did. I was not picked up and it is too dangerous to ride a taxi at night in a city that I hardly know.
So, now I am at the Catholic Relieve Services Office blogging. Inbetween Kenneth and I went food shopping, frozen fish, pineapples, watermelon, papayas, limes, french bread - good stuff.
We ended up in a wedding processing down the street with music and dance and I got to kiss the bride and groom. Hope it will be contagious.

We will leave for Bamenda tomorrow. I will send you picktures of my now 4 year old Benwih. Last year she kept my upper boddy strength in shape by having me carry her around. I will try to post pictures of her. How appropriate. The first picture being of my very favorit child.

With heaps of love and peace
Check out our web site

1 comment:

  1. Rolande-

    Very happy you made it OK... and that you are able to blog!

    Please keep us posted :)